Sunday, November 8, 2009

Hair cut pictures..and that sweater.

So we had hair cuts last week, and aside from Sam continuing to say

"Mom, you're really close to my ear right now... be careful!"
and both of them saying... "Are you done yet? It's taking you way too long!"
every thing went pretty well.

I am always surprised that a hair cut changes the look of young boys/men so much, and they are both growing so much lately that I seem to turn around and am seeing the young men more than boys... These were taken last Sunday..




Ben, after his bath.. he has my dad's curls to his hair, and there is so much red in that blond of his...



Sam, with a more hip (yep, I used that old word) hair cut... Sam is growing so quickly, we are almost eye to eye now.. (I'm only 5'1" so that is not tough for my kids, but it is still weird..)






And about that violin thing.. yep, I've decided to do it, but, I have to get a violin first.. I'll be looking at the local pawn shops, or on e-bay.. when I get it (no hurry..) I'll start learning to play instead of shreek... which is John's fear..

Happy Sunday everyone, hope it's a nice lazy day.. I'm going to put some soup in the crock pot... chicken and rice I think and then spend the rest of my day listening to boys play video games, and finishing up that sweater.. oh by the way.. this is what it looks like...




The checkered area in the front is where the "steeking" will take place, where you secure the yarn with a sewing machine then cut down the middle stitch to create a cardigan.. Pretty right? I'm excited about my new winter sweater!

2 comments:

pam said...

Oh my goodness, they are so cute. Okay, I expect to hear violin solos on your youtube videos any day now.

Joan's Good Life said...

I remember when my kids were shorter than me... that didn't last long for me either. I'm 5'3 3/4 (if I stand up REALLY straight I sometimes get to 5'4"!!! ;-)

I found a violin teacher. I just got her number from one of the ladies from Choir. I'll give her a call this week and we'll see what happens...! I'm excited! And nervous!

I LOVE your sweater! I wish, I wish, I WISH I could knit like you! That is absolutely beautiful! Show it to us when you get it done and wearing it!