Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Painting on vacation

This is a really quick post to let you all know that I'm on VACATION! Also that I am using it to repaint the interior of our home. Mind you, we are going to the coast tomorrow, and we will be seeing the new Harry Potter flick this week. We are going to the park (in about 40 minutes) with friends, and I'll be doing laundry.. but mostly, we are finally repainting the inside of the house.

We moved into the house in 2001 and have never painted, this is a ranch style home that was build in 1960 and is all angles, and the last person painted the home in Winnie the Poo yellow (the Winnie the Poo that has been loved and cried on for years, yellow ) Midnight blue, grayish cream colored, and white... oh and there is an old 1970ish cedar wood panelled wall that will have to be removed before painting (the wood, not the wall... geesh) I took before pictures, I will post them when we're done.

I saw the shoulder doctor today, and was "fired" I no longer have to go back there. It was a year on 7-5-09 since the "shoulder incident" as it is known in my house. (I love living with Vulcans, they are highly amusing in their descriptions.. much more than understated, or over the top drama... never in between) I was also fired from the Physical Therapist. Kim said that I have all the tools I need to continue on my own.. frankly that means that I know how to do the laundry and scrub the counters like I've been doing.. wax on, wax off physical therapy... Kim thinks that's funny.

I'll post when I get pictures on the finished wall project. The problem with painting in the home is that the rest of the house needs to be done too, and you can see how badly. I'm quite sure that my kitchen is next, and because Sam is going all Asperger's over the fact that we are changing his decor, I do believe that the kitchen is going to be a yellow (of my choosing) and the horrible light, bright green cupboard doors that came with the home will be changed to a pretty country blue.... hummm Pictures to show you what I mean will follow..

1 comment:

Joan's Good Life said...

Oh my! What an undertaking! I am still contemplating whether to paint or not. People still ask me if I've done any painting... I just can't seem to make a decision about the colors....Blah!

Do post photo's so we can all see what you've accomplished. Perhaps, it will inspire me to get off my duff and paint my house too! ;-)

Have fun......