Sunday, June 6, 2010

Freaky Weather girl.

Yesterday was beautiful, I think it hit 70 degrees. The kids were out playing in the sprinkler, all four of them, running in the yard.

And just as an aside, can I just say, that you know children feel like they are in their own home when you walk into your bathroom and find a pile of completely soaked clothes that were peeled off a body and left on the floor, pooling water around them. These were girly clothes... I really AM the 2nd mom.

Anywho, there has been this freaky stomach flu going around, and yesterday it was my turn...cool huh? Sunny, beautiful day, I'm inside wrapped in a blanket, shivering. Go figure. The point of all of this gibber-jabber is that about 3:00 pm, at the height of the wonder day we were having, my shoulder goes all wonky.. and I KNOW! I said to Asha as she walks in,

"Well, It's going to be raining tonight"

She looked back at the front door, saw no clouds at all and raised one eyebrow, (she does this so well... I'm so proud!) saying nothing, but her meaning was clear.

Well I was awoken several times last night to a raging, pouring maelstrom. It has got to be raining very hard to wake me, I've lived in Northwest Oregon all my life, rain is nothing to us. You can tell a tourist by their use of an umbrella. We all just wear hoods, or get wet.

So, I say that I have arrived, nearly two years since the shoulder incident, and I can tell you if rain is coming better than the professionals.. I can tell you if it is a cold snap, snow, giant storm, there is a difference.

A couple of weeks ago it felt like someone had re broken my shoulder, and I found out there was a tornado warning off the coast of Washington... I think that I should start looking for new job.

2 comments:

Joan's Good Life said...

OH HOW COOULLLL! ;-) I mean, sorry for your pain and all but that is just awesome how you can predict the weather! ;-) You think I 'm kidding? I"m not! My grandma used to be able to do that and it was so neat 'cus the weather man was wrong more times than he was right but my grannie was on it ALL the time! Some day your children and grand children will all be impressed with what you can do!

Oh, you might wanna have it all recorded professionally or something, there could be a job in it for you if the general public were to find out... just saying.... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Sis,
I was 18 when my shoulder got worked over. I say this because the only good that came out of my surgery is my arm doesn't fall out. I get those as well, but don't forget I'm tall so I don't put two and two together. I was woundering when you were going to write again.
Love ya BJ