Thursday, November 20, 2008

Heavens to Betsy!!

I've been blogged!!

So this morning, my friend Amy (remember the one I promised I would throw the load of laundry in for --first posting people!) called me to let me know that PortlandParents.net had a posting... about me.. WOW! THANKS! I'm all verklempt. Okay, here it is:

Where the Heck is Kafooster?

November 17, 2008

The Queen of Kafooster is a wickedly funny mother of two energetic boys. Her post about the “insignificant booger” is a must-read. She’s a great Portland Parent who we’d love to keep tabs on. And if Obama doesn’t fix the US, we’d be happy to move to Kafooster, wherever that is. We just need to know what kinds of clothes to pack.

Of course, the funny thing about the Obama comment, is that my friend Ana, who convinced me to do this blogging thingy, told me, when I called her to say that I was caving in and starting a blog, "Great! The economic crisis will be over by tomorrow night!"

That's an inside chuckle that I thought I'd share... With an extremely long sentence that may not be grammatically correct..

Seriously though, if you are following along (and I am shocked that anyone is) you should be aware of the meaning of Kafooster.

According to the "New Dictionary of American Slang":

Kafooster: Useless talk; babble; bulls**t (family site, remember?)

Yes, (sigh) I know, I have a slang dictionary. I warned you that I was Hermione-ish. I freely admit it, I have been addicted to words for a very long time. You will recall that while I was running for the Office of Queen, I never denied that I inhaled them.

So now you know, Kafooster is not so much a place, as a state of mind...

Which reminds me, please remember to read and agree to the Mental Health Disclosure before continuing to read this blog.

Really, it's for your own good.

No comments: