So, I told you I'd give you an update. My doctor looked at the MRI with me on Thursday and said that there is some "junk" (his word not mine) in the shoulder socket. Now I know that there is a specific, scientific name for this, but you're going to get socket. Anywho, my doctor wanted to inject cortisone and wait for about a month to see if it was better, but agreed to wait until the radiologist had a chance to read the MRI, (they had not yet sent the report to him) to see what the "junk" is.
So, the doctor called today and spoke to John, because I was at work, and I have a small tear in the rotator cuff and some calcification (that's the junk apparently, at least I think, he spoke to John) so I will be trying the cortisone shots (yep, two) in very specific places on Tuesday morning. We will wait for about 2 weeks to see if I am significantly better, and we will be giving it a full month to work. If it doesn't then I will have surgery.
Look, I am willing to try the cortisone, but honestly, I am so done with this injury, that I just want to scream, "Take it out of there and let's get on with this!" I just keep praying for acceptance and understanding about this issue.
In the meantime, I will continue to try to keep my children from yelling too much at each other (never mind the furtive hitting and throwing of things), figure out what friday night dinner should be, and see how many inches I can get done on the body of my fair isle yoke sweater, I'm at 12 1/4" right now and I have completed 2 short row sections and will do another at about 16".
See, I have plenty to do to keep my mind off of all of that shoulder stuff!
3 days ago