Wednesday, March 25, 2009

New Project


So, this is a sock blank that I got from KnitPicks.com.. because I love them, and I love to dye yarn.. For those of you who love crafty, crafty stuff.. I highly recommend this process. It really allows you to play with color, and to see what the colors do on your socks..






I finished my other cable socks, and, as soon as they are out of the warsh.. I will post a picture of them. For now...




As you can see, I could not wait to get started. The red and pink are not showing up on the photos as bright as they really are. Believe you me, these are wonderfully bright, but a deep and rich color, at the same time. Brookes.. I'll have them done before I come back to work.. I'll show you then.. As a matter of fact.. I am here...



Just starting the ribbing on the leg of the sock.
And, in the time it took to take this photo, I had my ever present shadow, who loves all things fiber, as much as Tess ever did, join me.. see




Really, Ryefedd (Fedd-a-la, as she is becoming to be known..) jumped up and sat down before I could take another, better shot. Cat on the table, scandalous!


Maybe this is more like it.. Oscar really loves his buddies!
Joan.. just to answer your question, I sell the kettle dyed yarn through a local store, but if you have a burning desire for something specific e-mail me, I'll let you know all the colors I have and you can tell me what your heart desires...

1 comment:

Joan's Good Life said...

Ooooo, socks...... I STILL haven't attempted socks yet. I am STILL actually working on the sleeveless cardigan! I am having issues with the shoulder part. BLAH! Besides, I'm in the middle of packing up my TONS of stuff and moving it! No time to sit down and figure out the shoulder issue at this time. But, the dream of making socks is still there. Someday...I will make myself a lovely pair of socks... and then I'll make socks for all the people in my life! I will be contacting you for yarn you've colored! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the stuff you've done! HOw's your shoulder doing btw? Glad you're back to writing and knitting again! =-)