Friday, March 19, 2010

Marcie's Socks.. and a tree

Well... Marcie's socks are done, and they are beautiful! I'm not just saying that because I am the arteest that knitted them.. I am saying that because they ARE beautiful.. and frankly reversible.. really, look at how cool these things look inside-in vs. inside out


















As you can see, it is a fantastic day outside, Springy, SPRINGY spring time! And frankly, it's Friday, and I don't have to work this weekend, and although the laundry is calling my name, and I still have not figured out what in the whole wide world I am making for dinner tonight, I am about as happy as a mother is meant to be... Stay tuned, this coming week is spring break for the boys.. I very well may be singing a different tune one week from now. (or 4 days).
BUT, for today..
With this springy wonderful weather, I went out and bought a couple of apple trees about two weeks ago, and they are doing very well. As a matter of fact, the Pink Lady tree has just TODAY showed me her very first blossoms, they are just peeking out now..
see..


There are like, five blossoms in that one little sprig of leaves.. yeah, I know, I see that sock peeking under there. I was such a pretty day, I couldn't just leave the poor thing inside..
As a matter of fact, here are just a few more gratuitous sock shots..


My work here is done.. time to cast on another pair. Marcie, they're on their way!

2 comments:

pam said...

I wish you lived near me so you could teach me to knit socks. I am about to bind off my 3-year scarf and am looking for another project!

1000scarves said...

gorgeous AND reversible?! Wow... is there any other word to say?