Monday, February 2, 2009

Still here

I swear it!

This week has been lost to hours of homework fighting.. only to realize on Thursday that Sam's face has been missing his glasses for ages. I have known that he wasn't wearing them. All of the excuses, they're too small, (true) I don't need them (So ridiculous, left eye is 1.5 right eye is 4.0) etc, etc. I finally figured it out. He is refusing to do math until he gets home because we do it on the dry wipe board together and he can see it then. If he says he can't see it at school, he has to wear his glasses again.

Color me feeling stupid.

Needless to say, we ordered new glasses Friday to fit his face-- he hates getting new glasses.

The Mom foot has gone down! Glasses are to be worn at all times, by both boys!

I pulled up symptoms of uncorrected vision on the Internet to show Sam, and it fit his issues at school to a "t". The real answer came when I made him put them on and we were done with his Math in less than 10 minutes. Oh, and his headache went away..

Imagine that!

Sam asked me in exasperation, if I get tired being right all the time, I have to say that really, I don't....

No comments: