Thursday, December 18, 2008

School? I don't wanna..

So we've had no school for the week due to bad weather, and there is school tomorrow, and my boys are really irritated about this. I can understand this because my place of work shut down for my shift on Monday and Wednesday, and I was grumpy today because I had to go to work... I think that we take too much for granted too quickly. Blessings like school, and a good job are easily dismissed because they are mundane to us.

Guess what? School is not always available to everyone. A good job is (as many of my friends and family are finding out) not always there to have.

Tonight I am thankful for my children's chance for an education. I am thankful for my job with a company who care more for my safety than for their schedule. Tomorrow I'm planning on going in to work, remembering that I am blessed...

Convincing my children that they are blessed to go to school may take more time, if you know what I mean.

No comments: