Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

So we, my boys and I, are sitting here waiting for the new year to roll in. The Disney Channel is on the T.V. in the background and Ben is laughing over slap stick humor that he's seen before. The boy who farts "Stairway to Heaven" even got a laugh out of me.

Many people tonight will be going out and drinking heavily and ringing in the new year with a hangover.

Not my style...

I will hang out, listen to audible books, knit on the new sweater, and try to keep the boys from killing each other during the commercials.

I look forward to 2009, new President, Thank God! Hopefully a shoulder that will work well for me again. I keep working on that, P.T., Pain and Torture. A year where, hopefully I can convince my oldest that a bath is not evil and that it will not kill him. (Really Sam, you stink.)

I could wax philosophical about the new year, but it is really hard to focus on goals and new resolutions with Hannah Montana failing her driving test in the background.

So... My hope for everyone out there is that your new year is safe, that you remain comfortable in your world around you, and that you embrace your inner geek. We all have one, accept it and move on!

Be safe, we'll see you on the other side of midnight. Happy New Year!

1 comment: